Need Help Quick! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM   #1
New Boot

Need Help Quick!

Hi, I'm trying to find a focus controller like this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Control.html that would work with my Sony HVR-A1J camera. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just bought the http://www.adorama.com/SORM1BP.html thinking that that side thing was a focus pull and not just a grip. I need something to pull focus, but I don't want to lose the Sony remote I just bought, so if there is anything that would work just for focus and let me plug in an additional lanc like the manfrotto 521 does for Panavision cameras, or if anyone has any idea how to mess with the Manfrotto one so it will do what I need, please let me know, as I am desperate!

Looking into it, it looks like Lanc compatibility is pretty universal, yet all the sites for the Manfrotto 521PFI says it only works on two cameras, why is that? Shouldn't it work on my camera as well? What is stopping it, the firmware?
Sheldon Steere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You'll find............

my response to your original post on this subject over in the "Remote Lens Controllers" section.

Double posting is not encouraged here.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series