Sony HDR-HC9 Jittery Image at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old April 21st, 2011, 02:05 AM   #1
New Boot

Sony HDR-HC9 Jittery Image

Last September I was shooting a kart race and later found out that more than half of the day's video was ruined by a jittery image. This is not the usual image stabilization issue. It happened seemingly at random, at any zoom or focus, slow-mo or normal speed, and would even come and go in a single clip where the camera was on a tripod and simply recording.

Example:

I have read one or two other accounts of this happening but so far no explanation or solution. Has anyone seen this or know of a cause or solution?

And on a side-note, the price of this camera seems to have gone up quite a bit, in the $1600 range on Amazon.
Mike Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Sony HDR-HC9 Jittery Image

I've no idea regarding the fault you describe, but I find the price you mention amazing.

I listed a HDR-HC9 NTSC on eBay twice in the last month, specifically targeting the US market, and started it at £500 ($832 USD), and got no bids on a camera I've used for about four hours in 18 months.

I'll try again in May, but expect I'll have difficulty selling it.
Wayne Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #3
Tourist

I am experiencing the same issue intermittently on my HC7. Actually had it happen yesterday, mid-shoot. Don't mean to jump in on your thread. I'm looking for a explanation and resolution to this as well.

Not sure how to embed a player in post, but here's a link to sample video on youtube:
YouTube - ‪samplehc7jitter.wmv‬‏
Kupono Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:48 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Same issue is now surfacing on my HC7. I think it's heat related but I'm not 100% sure that's the reason.

This is a aging camera too, bought it in 2007.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series