HDR-HC1: I need help on wide-angle and filters - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old April 19th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #16
Tourist

Tiny Rig

Spiderbrace make a small brace just for palmcorders now (I got one for my Canon FS100), which works great - $49. Might wanna have a look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck View Post
I am selecting the right equipment to shoot my first documentary with the HDR-HC1. First of all, I am looking for a wide-angle conversion lens. The Sony Y lens looks pretty good to me, but there might be other alternatives that are equally impressive in their performance. So I would like to hear which lens you are using and how you would rate its performance.

Furthermore, I want to buy some filters. There are hundreds of filters but I only want the essential ones. Color correction etctera is very nice but I guess I prefer to do that in post-production instead of with a filter. I was thinking about a ND filter and maybe something like softening or polarisation. I am also considering a graduated ND filter. What I would like to know is, which filters are essential for documentary filmmaking for indoor and outdoor shooting, and then those filters that are better physical then in post.

Thanks for your valuable input and feedback.
Jordi Matey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Gene - it's a Bolex Aspheron - bought at the Swiss factory for about £450. Here it is on the V1.
Attached Thumbnails
HDR-HC1: I need help on wide-angle and filters-hrv-1-aspheron.jpg  
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM   #18
Regular Crew

That's kind of what I expected. A fine lens and a good match for your camera, but overkill for an HC-1. For me it's a matter of value and function.

Simply put, if you can afford $900-1000 dollars for an adapter lens for a camera that costs not much more than that....you might want to consider investing in a higher grade of camera.

Had I gone with the .7x HD Raynox, there likely wouldn't be any discernable barrel effect, but I chose otherwise. I'd love to have a one of those Z's......I'm drooling here.

That said, being a hobbyist, I'm really happy with the HC-1. Its a great camera and still holds it's own against many of the later 'consumer' HDV models.

Got to agree with you though - barrell distortion just about ruins architechtural shots. I don't use the wideangle all that often, just when it's needed and make sense. I'd prefer not to use an adapter at all.

Now give me a camera with interchangable lenses and I'm in heaven.... what a joy it'd be to play with depth of focus....

-Gene-
Gene Gajewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:16 PM   #19
Major Player

Does the HD7000 come with adapter rings to fit an HC9 ? Im looking for a wide angle for my helicopter camera ship. Its coming down to the HD5050 vs the HD7000
John Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #20
Major Player

I have a wide angle converter that works well on the HC1 in new condition. The model # is VCL-HG0737Y. I used it on my HC1 until it was stolen. It is for sale on this forum.
Ron Little is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series