How long does your battery last? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old May 31st, 2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Tourist

How long does your battery last?

Hey Guys,

I just purchase an NP-QM91D to use with my HVR-A1.

Now I purchased this off ebay and I know there are heaps of fakes around, so before I purchased from the seller I asked about this and was told they are genuine and if I have any problems he will refund me.

So condsidering I can be refunded I purchased the battery.

What sort of battery life should I be getting. Mine shows around 160min with LCD open. I thought this was meant to show around 300min?

It appears to me as if the battery life increases. E.G the more I use the battery the longer the life as now it shows 234min.

What should I be expecting from this battery in real life?
Kristofor Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:48 PM   #2
Major Player

My genuine 71 (not the 91) lasts almost 3 hrs with LCD open and no (or not much) zooming if I remember right.
Alex Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Thames View Post
My genuine 71 (not the 91) lasts almost 3 hrs with LCD open and no (or not much) zooming if I remember right.
So that might sugguest that maybe mine is not quite as genuine as it should be.

I haven't done much recording with the battery yet. Im alarmed at how little battery it was initially showing. Everytime I switch on it initially shows 161 minutes or thereabouts. I was hoping for 300min.
Kristofor Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Inner Circle

One thing is that the battery will have to cycle at least once before it "figures out" the life in that particular camera with any accuracy. That may explain why your readings initially were off. A 91 on my HC1, which is similar to the A1 reads right around 300min plus or minus.

What do you get when you use the battery check button on the camera (the one inside the LCD cavity) right after charging?

DB>)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:10 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I have 2 non-oem 91's I bought off ebay, and when fully charged, the A1 reports 424 minutes for both. However, I usually get down to 20-30 minutes left and then all of a sudden the camera will flash the low battery warning icon. All in all, I get around 360 minutes out of them.
Jason Donaldson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series