Sony HVR-HD1000U Shoulder Mount for $1900 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old October 11th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #76
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling View Post
I didn't know that Sony aquired fischer price. (It doesn't look pro to me at all, more like a cheapo RCA VHS I tossed out a few years ago).
Come on, it has professional focus ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling View Post
What's with the large storage compartment in the back for? It's gotta be hollow.
It should be, judging by location of tripod bush. If cameras were designed like machine guns, the back portion of this camera would be a foldable, lightweight carbon-fiber shoulder mount.

And by the way, the comparison between HDV and DV shows DV having 4:3 aspect. Rrrrright.
Michael Jouravlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #77
Regular Crew

New sony hvr-1000

Looks like it will be coming out in November. Its basicly an hc7 in a bigger case. I definitely like the size and the focus ring. Hopefully it has actual buttons and wheels for exposure wb etc. If the optics are as good as the hc1 then it should be a good camera. I hope its 20x optical zoom like in the bh picture but in the write up it says only 10x optical zoom. On a multi camera shoot you could use the hvr-1000 as the main camera and use the little cousins hc-1 3 5 7 as stationary cameras. Hopefully the price will drop a little after a few months below that $1900.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...CAMCORDER.html
Dan Gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #78
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Gonzales View Post
Looks like it will be coming out in November. Its basicly an hc7 in a bigger case. I definitely like the size and the focus ring. Hopefully it has actual buttons and wheels for exposure wb etc. If the optics are as good as the hc1 then it should be a good camera. I hope its 20x optical zoom like in the bh picture but in the write up it says only 10x optical zoom. On a multi camera shoot you could use the hvr-1000 as the main camera and use the little cousins hc-1 3 5 7 as stationary cameras. Hopefully the price will drop a little after a few months below that $1900.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...CAMCORDER.html
The 20X label near the lens is with the doubler on, so it is a 10X optical zoom. Essentially, it's a HC7 in a more professional package. If the price comes down to say $1500 or $1600, I'll sell my HC7 and get this. I like the picture of the HC7, but I can't get use to the lack of professional controls. Oh, I hope this camera will have manual control of the gain.
John Bosco Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #79
Major Player

Manual Gain Control?

It doesn't appear that this camcorder has manual gain control, which is a shame.
Unless it gains up cleanly (with little noise), this could be a problem in a dimly-lit church where additional lighting can't be used. I'd prefer to keep the gain setting low and brighten the image in post.
Jim Nogueira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 02:11 AM   #80
Regular Crew

The product brochure is out on the Sony Broadast & Business Solutions website's HDV product section.

www.sony.com/hdv (redirects to main page)
Colin Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #81
Inner Circle

Preliminary specs

... and a lot of marketing hype...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HVRHD1000U_broch9-07.pdf (1.50 MB, 1392 views)
Old October 29th, 2007, 07:29 AM   #82
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas View Post
... and a lot of marketing hype...
Yeah I have to agree.
There is no mention of any kind of lux rating, and from what I have seen have to agree that the gain is tied into the iris exporure, so that can't be locked.

I could swear that this camera was made by Sony's consumer/prosumer division and not Sony's Pro division.
Looks pretty disappointing for a camera from Sony's Pro division.

We'll have to see what the results are after it's finally released though.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:50 PM   #83
Regular Crew

so whats missing? Can it shoot 24P or a variation of it? if you shoot 1080 60i currently is there any difference? I see that is has been said there is no progressive modes but I mainly shoot ether 24f or 1080 60i so if I had to shoot 1080 at 60i is this any different than what I am getting from a canon hdv camera, either the xlh1, xhg1, or even hv20 in terms of file? and is this a true three 1/2 inch chip camera? if so what is the difference in depth of field? how much less? In a good way I woudl like less or the ability to control it more, but from 1/3 to 1/2 is how much of a difference and from 1/2 to a 35mm depth is how much difference?

Chris
Chris Klidonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #84
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Klidonas View Post
Can it shoot 24P or a variation of it?
As pointed out at the beginning of this thread, there is no 24fps capability in this camcorder.

Quote:
I had to shoot 1080 at 60i is this any different than what I am getting from a canon hdv camera, either the xlh1, xhg1, or even hv20 in terms of file?
Well, the Canon XL H1 and XH G1 are $9,000 and $7,000 camcorders, respectively. This one is less than $2,000 so I don't think it's a realistic comparison. Basically this is a Sony HC7 in shoulder-mount form, so the Canon HV20 is the only one of the three you mention that would make a fair comparison; even then the most obvious difference (shoulder mount vs. hand held) is the most important consideration.

Quote:
and is this a true three 1/2 inch chip camera?
No; as previously mentioned this camcorder has a single 1/2.9-inch CMOS sensor. For all practical purposes, the sensor size is basically just a hair over 1/3rd-inch. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #85
Regular Crew

BH has street price up of $1600, pushed back to December though. Some added specs up for those interested

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...efinition.html
Old November 16th, 2007, 03:37 AM   #86
Major Player

Could this camera be an alternative to the HVR-A1E I've been looking at recently?
Dave Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #87
Regular Crew

Remind me of

Sort of reminds me of the pro hi- 8. ccd-v5000.
Kevin Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 01:46 PM   #88
Inner Circle

You gotta be kidding!

That was a serious camera with plenty of manual controls.
Old December 8th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #89
Regular Crew

From what I have read, this camera basically has the same guts as the consumer HDR-HC7 Handycam, repackaged as a shoulder mount system for wedding videographers who want to look more professional on the job. It will accomplish that and provide somewhat steadier footage, but I wonder about the result. The under $1000 Canon HV-20 is supposed to have a better image. Customers in the wedding market accepted smaller cams years ago.
Mark Goldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #90
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Booth View Post
Sort of reminds me of the pro hi- 8. ccd-v5000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas View Post
That was a serious camera with plenty of manual controls.
God, what a great cam that was! I loved my V5000. I had about six of 'em at one point. Perfect ergonomically and beautiful picture for its time.

But objectively, as many controls as the V5000 had, my HC3 has more. And if the HD1000 is just a repackaged HC7, let's wait until we actually see a manual or someone gets his hands on a production model to see what it can do. It obviously has very few controls on the outside but let's see what's available once we dig into the menus.

Just because it isn't as customizable as a V1 or Z1 doesn't necessarily make it less serious.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000