hdr-fx7 for 999 USD is this possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old August 8th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #1
Tourist

hdr-fx7 for 999 USD is this possible?

Hi

Just googled hdr-fx7 and found a few sites in the USA offering the fx7 at only $999 can this be possible?

Even if it is subject to import taxes, VAT etc when importing to UK, it is going to end up unbelievable cheap.

Has anyone on this forum had any dealings with these companies?

David

Last edited by Douglas Spotted Eagle; August 8th, 2007 at 09:47 PM. Reason: links
David John Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

watch out for these deals - too good to be true usually is... while not all NY based camera outfits are scams, it bears repeating that many of them ARE - do a bit of research on it
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Major Player

It's a bait and switch scam... don't bother... stick with DVi sponsors or bhphotovideo.com which was the cheapest for me @ $2500
Joe Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #4
Major Player

try resellerratings.com
they'll usually raise a red flag up against the unscrupulous.
FWIW I bought my FX7 for around US$2300 at a very deep discount plus a friend who worked in the shop helped me out even more.
Even at that point I checked everything out of the box to make sure it was all present and correct before I took my money out.
Chris Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David John Taylor View Post
Hi

Just googled hdr-fx7 and found a few sites in the USA offering the fx7 at only $999 can this be possible?

Even if it is subject to import taxes, VAT etc when importing to UK, it is going to end up unbelievable cheap.

Has anyone on this forum had any dealings with these companies?

David
Sure it's possible. No accessories, no warranties, maybe no lens... Most of the time these companies' cheap prices are to get you in, and then they stick it to you by charging an enormous amount of money for accessories that normally are included, so you end up paying more for the item than getting it from a authorized seller. And if you don't buy the accessories, they give you a song and dance of how the item is not available or it'll take a year to ship the item. There is a long list of horror stories like open box, scratches on the camera's body, broken lens, and including items arriving DOA. Avoid these companies like the plague! As mentioned by another post... if it's too good to be true, more times than not it isn't.
John Bosco Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:56 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Leong View Post
FWIW I bought my FX7 for around US$2300 at a very deep discount plus a friend who worked in the shop helped me out even more.
That is a good deal but 999$ I would never trust, grey market products are often 20% cheaper but this price difference is a bit ridiculous. As adviced here I would stay away from it.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7