Attaching Radio Receivers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old September 19th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Attaching Radio Receivers

Hi all. We are about to go on an extended shoot around the world using two V1Ps. Mostly sound will be recorded by the onboard mic (though swapped with a Rode) and a radio mic. Sometimes however we will be using two radio mics.
As we have no soundo I'm wondering what solutions are out there for attaching the Rx.s to the camera. I hate being tethered to a bag or belt.

I've looked at this device at http://www.thebecgroup.com/ but it seems a bit clunky to me. Just wondering if there is anything more elegant.

Cheers
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

In my opinion the BEC bracket is about as elegant as you're going to get.
I use one on my PD and franly love it. I hate having the receiver on my belt especially when I'm used to having it on the camera when I use my full size rig so for me it's a natural move. I guess the only other thing is to somehow attach it to the shoe.
Of course that negates being able to use a light and throws a lot more weight to the front of the camera.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7