Time lapse - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM   #16
Major Player

I think I am at the point of the camera is doing ist job, but I think my nle (Vegas 8)falls short, I can speed of the clips no problem but the true time lapse is what I am looking for. Vegas does have a script supposedly for this but didn't work, maybe too many clips, don't know. As far as the camera goes though, it seems to me 1/2 second or maybe 1 sec per 1 minute should work. BTW I am shooting 60i anyone shooting 30p for this stuff.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 09:19 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Hugh,

I spent a lot of time with my mates V1 earlier this year seeing just how good (or not) was the possiblity of doing timelapse with it and using Vegas 7e to further tweak. I came to the conclusion that the limitations of a HDV tape based camera stopped me getting the sort of clips I was looking for (i.e. without the stepped look). The best setting I found (from memory) 50i and 0.5 sec every 30 seconds then speed it up in post. So this was one of the many factors that made me eventually choose a EX3.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get good timelapse with a V1 as I'm sure there are many on here who have found the techniques that so eluded me. It certainly is very easy with the EX3 - sure, albeit an expensive choice! If you are interested you can see an example of my EX3 timelapse here (decide for yourself if the route I chose was any good or not....there are many EX3 shutter options I've yet to try but it was a good start I think).

ELY IN AUGUST HD (Sony EX3 Time Lapse) on Vimeo

V1 is still a great camera, lovely images in good light - don't be too disappointed in it!
Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM   #18
Major Player

I finally figured out what to do with the V1 and Vegas, I wet the camera at interval of 1 sec per 1 minute, let it run 1/2 hour and ended up with 54 clips, avi thru cineform, and then took the first 5 frames of each clip and put them all together, rendered it out and worked great.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7