dumb, yes dumb, camera profile question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old August 20th, 2010, 05:54 AM   #1
New Boot

dumb, yes dumb, camera profile question

HVR V1E
I know, it's silly but I made a camera profile a while ago for a very specific job, and today while doing some swotting I changed into that profile to check it's settings, HHHMMM all good so far, now to change back to my default camera profile. OOPs there isn't one. trawled the manual, trawled the menu, there isn't a default camera profile. So am I right in thinking that the camera needs me to make profiles for specific and default conditions. Probably answered my own question here.
Peter
Peter Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #2
Major Player

I think that would be Picture Profiles Off.
Old August 21st, 2010, 02:42 AM   #3
New Boot

Nope no option to turn picture profiles off, but it's a camera profile I'm referring to, different animals. It's not a biggie but I just wondered if the camera shipped with a default profile. It does of course have a factory reset button if my son fiddles with it and totally screws it up
Peter Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rooney View Post
...no option to turn picture profiles off, ...
Sure there is. When you push the PICTURE PROFILE button, you are given a choice of the six profiles or OFF. Select OFF to turn off Picture Profiles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rooney View Post
...I made a camera profile a while ago for a very specific job...
Did you give this new profile a name or save it to CAM1? If you gave it a new name, then just load the CAM1 profile, which is likely the default settings. But if you saved all your changes and assigned those to the single original existing profile name instead of creating a new one, and you only have the CAM1 Camera Profile in your list, then a full reset is in order. Once you reset you could save that to the CAM1 profile and then change the name to DEFAULT if you wish.
Old August 21st, 2010, 04:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Sounds all too familiar... Cross over, guys!
Stephan Stryhanyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:50 AM   #6
New Boot

Yep saved as Cam1. But not a biggie, as I said I was just curious about a default profile. I've kept it as it is and spent the afternoon creating a few more, concentrating on close portrait profiles which soften the pores and wrinkles etc, it's a great camera, capable of crystal clear resolution when previewed directly via HDMI on my HDTV but that's exactly what shocks people when they see themselves up close, especially brides and bridesmaids and even worse, mother-in-laws. :-)
Peter
Peter Rooney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7