Sony FX7 + Harddisk at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 15th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony FX7 + Harddisk

I sometimes have problems with my dv-tapes, that the recording, or not good.

Is there a possibility to add a harddisk to the sony-fx7 to record directly on the harddisk, and then plug the harddisk to the pc, to capture the recording that way with studio12 or so.

Kind regard,
Joeri Grandry
Joeri Grandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony FX7 + Hard Disk

Sure. The DR60 (HDD) or MRC1k (CF Card) recorders will both work with the FX7, as would any number of tapeless recorders out there.

Here's a section that discusses all of them:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tapeless...ing-solutions/

If you mean just a regular PC hard disk, no. They're just dumb storage devices, like empty buckets, that wouldn't know what to do if you plugged them into the cam.
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #3
New Boot

Re: Sony FX7 + Harddisk

Thank you for your answer.

This was what I was looking for.

What is the best system, the CF-card or the Harddisk
Are there so much tapless recording devices possible.

And I really didn't meant de regular pc harddisk :)
Joeri Grandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Re: Sony FX7 + Hard Disk

I highly recommend the MRC1k CF card recorder. It's the most economical solution out there and will integrate seamlessly with a Z5 or Z7 if you decide to move up to one of those later. It comes with a shoe for mounting on a cam like the FX7, as well as a short firewire cable. While the operation isn't quite as streamlined as with a cam that has external device control (a pro model like the Z1, V1, Z5 or Z7), it works fine and is very hassle-free and reliable.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7