Images of 30P, 24p, and 60i - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 20th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #61
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rolufs

Seems that they configured it the way they did because it's the default, and the expected most to leave it on. (Any downside to leaving it on?)
You just asked the question that's been worrying me. I got so tired of being told something was OFF, that I decided to go with the default and turn it ON.

I think Sony is saying: "When the FOCUS MACRO default setting is [ON], you can focus on a subject closer than 2 5/8 feet in full Telephoto. When FOCUS MACRO is set to [OFF], you cannot focus on a subject closer than 2 5/8 feet in full Telephoto."

Thus, one would turn FOCUS MACRO [OFF] when was shooting through a screen door, for example.

But what is the minimum focusing distance when FOCUS MACRO is [ON]?

In the ZOOM section of the manual -- it says you can focus down to almost 1/2-inch in Wide. Which means, I think, FOCUS MACRO only applies to Telephoto, which is why it really should be called FOCUS TELE MACRO.

Thanks for the help.

Can you describe the "pause" when shooting 24A.

Last edited by Steve Mullen; December 20th, 2006 at 03:56 PM.
Steve Mullen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7