V1 footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 28th, 2007, 07:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

V1 footage

V1 footage 24p 1/48 manual exposure
ND2 steady shot on
Great camera!

http://www.camuser.co.kr/cam_vm/VID_...01/v1n24p1.wmv
Jung Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Thanks for the footage can you tell me what settings you used to encode your footage to WMV? For some reason my footage drops frames in WMV.
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Jung- thanks for the footage, Nice colour- can I ask what the rest of your settings are?
Sharpness/Cinetone/blackstretch etc

Thanks
Paul
Paul Rickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Major Player

Jung, very nice 24P example. What NLE or process did you use to extract the 24P?
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #5
Regular Crew

wow, the color in those shots is awesome!! i would also like to know what settings as well and any other little tidbits (filters, etc, etc)...
Chris Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #6
Major Player

Jung,

Excellent images. It didn't play back very well on my powerbook (but WMV is always a little jumpy on my system). I loved the color (and would also like to know your settings... I'm sure the V1D is similar to the V1U with setups). I also didn't notice any of the 'oil paint' effect that has been questioned about the 24p footage.

Thanks for posting.

Todd
Todd Giglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Could you please give your settings as this is nice clean images with none of the problems. What I am trying to do is replicate as far as possible the same camera settings and compare results.
Thanks Michael.
Michael Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 06:52 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Great footage. I threw this on a portable drive and connected it to an xbox 360 that was outputting to a 50inch 1080p DLP and could not see any water color effect issues as well. It looked fantastic, though I did notice there was a slight jitter effect whenever the camera moved.
Sean Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #9
Regular Crew

its smooth on my 2 yr. old vanilla notebook (I'm using wmv 10)
Barry Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #10
Regular Crew

p and i

the footage looks very nice,i would realy like to see a little comparison film from someone with some shot in p and some i ,think this would meen doing two differant clips of the same scene and sending separately.chris
Chris Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #11
Major Player

The colours look great, but there are some serious motion atifacts in there which give the footage a glitchy consumer camera look. I'm guessing that would be due to either the rolling shutter or the image stabliser if it was turned on?
Glenn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:58 AM   #12
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Thomas
The colours look great, but there are some serious motion atifacts in there which give the footage a glitchy consumer camera look. I'm guessing that would be due to either the rolling shutter or the image stabliser if it was turned on?
That's low temporal sampling (24fps) motion judder plus 2:3 cadence judder you are seeing.

At the BBC website there's some interesting coments about why 24p video differs from film. Video--even when there are no EE artifacts--is still "sharper" than film. It's also "clearer" because there is no grain.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7