Apple Releases Final Cut Studio 2 w/ Final Cut Pro 6 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 18th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #16
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip McPartland View Post
I'm referring to BDMV discs rather than BDAV or data discs.

First, Roxio makes the DVDit line, so that ties them together, but I bet you know this.
I didn't know Roxio owned DVDit. But, that explains the BDMV!For us cheapies -- BDAV is all we can afford.

So did the Sony firmware enable the Sony player to read BD-RE using BDAV? As I remember, the PS 3 definitely can.
Old April 18th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #17
Major Player

Good question... long rambling answer

When I got the Sony burner, it came with Cyberlink which created BDAV discs. I would play those back with the Cyberlink player as at the time I didn't have any kind of BD stand-alone player. Once at Best Buy I tried a Cyberlink BDAV BD-RE in a couple of players. It wouldn't play in the Panasonic, but would play in the Samsung. Never tried one in the PS3.

The marketplace and tax realities drove all my Blu-ray involvement because I never could've afforded to outright buy any of this stuff either. First, NewEgg had a tempting zero interest finance deal on the Sony burner.

Then, Best Buy had a deal with 12% off and no interest until 2010 on "Home Theater" purchases over $1,000 which made getting the Panasonic player too easy and in fact irresistable. I have to pay $12 a month, but of course if I don't finish the paydown by 2010 they hit me with all the 24.9% interest they "haven't charged" me.

We home school our kids and at the end of every year, IF my wife who does this very challenging task hasn't been driven crazy YET, and IF the boys have completed their work, they get a major reward, hence my excuse for getting (myself) a PS3.

The Roxio DVDit is just another example of credit card craziness, but I am a 1099 payee for all my work and need to write stuff off or get slaughtered on taxes, so this along with all of the above (not the PS3) were right-offs that made financial sense (or so I told the wifey).

Tip
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7