V1U Camera mic just died on me - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 27th, 2007, 05:58 AM   #16
Trustee

have to agree with marcus that the stock mic isn't too sensitive.

lesllie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #17

It's a trade off, I think you're missing that. If the stock mic is too sensitive, then it picks up everything happening around the camcorder. Do you want it so sensitive that it grabs the record button being pushed, your breathing, the tape mechanism? If you do, then throw an AT 4053 on there. It's a hyper card, and will only pick up close/front, but it will hear all the transient sounds from the camcorder as transmitted through the body as well.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #18
MPS Digital Studios

One small thing I want to add about XLR cables...DON'T wrap them like you would an extension cord (around your elbow and hand), where the wires can get crimped. A friend did that once at a wedding I was shooting about 8 years ago. The $25 XLR cable was shot after that.

Over and under; I've seen XLR, S-Video and even extension cords all get screwed up because of wrapping it wrong.

heath
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #19
Trustee

Heath is right. You can look at extension cords and see if they've been wound incorrectly. The internal wires get kinked inside the outer sheath and make it look like it's been braided from the inside. If that sort of thing would happen to a mic cable with it's fine wires, I'm sure that would be the end of that. Another thing I have noticed is that the stock mic's cable protrudes pretty far from the XLR plug when connected and that crimps the cable when I put it in my camera case. I now always unplug the mic when putting the camera away.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7