Fs 4hd & V1u- Problems!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 9th, 2007, 09:36 AM   #1
Major Player

Fs 4hd & V1u- Problems!!!

Anyone been able to use this combo with any success???

I called Focus and they assured me that the V1 was compatible with their product so I bought one but the dang thing just keeps powering off and on when its connected to the cam.

Any help would be appreciated
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #2
New Boot

FS-4 PRO HD does not support the Sony V1U camcorder

I have a V1U and a Firestore FS-4 PRO HD. You can only record to the FS-4 with a tape in the camera and recording to tape and FS-4 at the same time. You can't record HDV just to the FS-4 unit. The files get corupted. I have spoken to the Firestore people several times and the V1U is not a supported camera with the FS-4.
Dave Bingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Have been read some news about FS-4 unit on V1. I going to get the SONY DR60 soon... not just the above Dave reply, but about the power. FS-4 only MAX 180mins DR60 330mins. Due to I have extra SONY battery to be use on the DR60

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7