Record to JVC 30000U DVHS from FX1? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 28th, 2004, 09:19 AM   #16
MPS Digital Studios

Oh, yeah, I've already spoken to someone who knows HDV, which is why, if you look around here, I've changed my answers to "not sure until the camera comes out."
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Damn, that is a major disappointment.........not only no firewire output to D-VHS, but also not to HD TV or blue ray recorders. And another note in Mullen's review, no way to edit 1080i:

"Bottom line until Apple, Avid, Adobe, Pinnacle, Sony (Vegas, VIAO, and XPRI), and Ulead release the 1080i HDV support they all announced at IBC—you may not be able to edit 1080i HDV. "

Despite all this, I probably will still get the camera. Afterall, these are all software issues that can be resolved, no??? In the meantime I'll just down convert to SD to view, edit and create DVDs.
Aldo Erdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #18
MPS Digital Studios

No worries, both CineForm and Lumiere HD promise we'll be able to edit 1080i HDV.

heath
Old October 3rd, 2004, 01:22 AM   #19
Major Player

Steve wrong?!

Based on the chart listed here, it would appear that the stream type over firewire would still be an MPEG2 TS stream. I'm not sure if just the data on the tape is saved as a PES and then output as TS over firewire or not.

Anyone else's take on that data chart?

Another realization that I had was given the fact that Ulead, Sony and all the other video editing software makers have their 1080i editing plugins in the works, they may allow a straight conversion from PES to TS and that would allow you to then output the stream via firewire to a D-VHS machine, Blu-Ray machine or another TS compatible device. All may not be lost! Here's to hope! :-)

Troy
Troy Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 11:05 AM   #20
Major Player

Update:

Based on the manual it seems as if the FX1 can be directly connected to a firewire equipped display device and playback HD.

Pg 90 of the manual specifically lists ~40 Sony firewire equipped HDTVs that are compatible with the FX1. These HDTVs are also compatible with the HD1/10 (which I have personally tested) which concludes that the firewire output from the FX1 would also be compatible with D-VHS decks. All of these firewire sources are MPEG2-TS compatible.

Troy
Troy Lamont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1