To find out how HDV will do for chromakey.... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 2nd, 2004, 03:48 PM   #16
Major Player

Daniel, doesn't your college have a broadband connection?

Great news on the chroma key. It was an sd weakness.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 03:59 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Yeah, thanks. Actually, I was able to download the full clip finally. I was able to pull a pretty realistic key using Keylight, however, the bluescreen has micro dots all over it making it VERY difficult to key.

Also, her shadow creates a halo of sorts around her body. I wonder how well heavy motion blur would key. Say for instance someone swinging a sword blade in front of a blue/greenscreen.

Overall, not bad. Thanks for the footage, Kaku.
Daniel Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2004, 01:12 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Kaku for yet another FX1 HD clip!!

I've just finished a render of the chroma keyed clip & a HD10 piece in Vegas, using the Sony chroma key filter.

I can honestly say I wasn't expecting the result to be as good as it is..... The variations in the bluescreen were quite easy to account for with a bit of adjustment to the filterz sliders (as noted earlier in this thread), and despite the 'halo' effect around the singer, a very accurate mask was created.

As a side note, the mixing of HD10 and FX1 stuff is definitely achievable from the result I got here. Rendered to a 1080p 30fps MPEG2, there's no 'radical' differences between either source that are apparent.

I'm now hoping Sony Australia can deliver the FX1 I've ordered when they said they could......coz I'm developing an itch to use this cam that's so hard to scratch without having it in my hands!!!
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1