FX1 quick review - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 13th, 2004, 06:42 PM   #16
Major Player

strobing

<<<-- Originally posted by Simon Wyndham : When I viewed Cineframe 25 yesterday it looked bloody awful to me. The strobing was too much. -->>>

Hey Simon, could that be because of a too high shutter speed? I've heard other people had some very nice feedback on this mode (= filmlike motion without much visible vert. resolution loss)
Steven Fokkinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2004, 04:06 AM   #17
Trustee

I don't think it was due to a high shutter speed. From what I could tell the shutter was at 1/50 (it was a PAL camera) and exhibited no motion stuttering associated with higher shutter speeds when it was in interlaced mode.

Since I viewed the FX1 for myself I have found a few comments littered around the web about Cineframe looking too strobophobic.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2004, 05:07 AM   #18
Trustee

Just one question: are those Cineframe modes "burnt" into the tape?

If they are not what is the problem? Who will be using an HDV camera as a home-video player?

Or are people planning on transferring these processed videos from the HDV onto an editing deck/PC and edit from there? Why? Just for the "cinema look"?

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #19
Major Player

And another one: Is it already known what the cineframe 30/25 modes actually do technically (so without pulldown as in the CF24)? Is it just a simple de-interlacer or is it more than that? Can probably not be a lot since it's done in RT.
And if it's not known, does a company or sony in particular come out with the technical explanations later or not at all and does someone else have to do reverse engineering on it?

Steven
Steven Fokkinga is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1