FX1 Film Transfer - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old May 30th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Waters
For the instruction "Right click in AVCSubunit in Control Panel/System/Hardware" where is this in XP Pro?
Then browse in what directory to find "Sound, Video, Game Controller drivers" and the Sony driver?
Despite this being a Windows XP navigation problem, rather than anything about FX-1 HDV to film transfer, and the fact that I'm sure Jerry is going to be a little embarrassed when he finds out the fact that you get to 'Control Panel' by clicking on Windows XP 'START' Button, then select 'Settings', then move across and down to 'System', then select the 'Hardware' tab, then select 'Device Manager', after which he'll see an expandable 'tree' of devices and hardware drivers.

As he is obviously a novice, I'd advise Jerry to stay clear of 'Device Manager', and just install WinXP Service Pack 2 instead.
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Thasnk you but I bought my first computer in 1979 (a TRS 80 model 1) and have owned one or more continiously since then. And yes, I did get to Device Manager of Hardware and have been there before but looking into all the devices I did not locate the one in question so I asked.
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #33

<<<<As he is obviously a novice, I'd advise Jerry to stay clear of 'Device Manager', and just install WinXP Service Pack 2 instead.>>>

1. Knowing Jerry reasonably well, I'm confident he's not a novice.
2. Moderating a wide number of varied forums around the web, I'd never recommend anyone install Service Pack 2, especially not a novice.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 09:39 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Danial/ Gary,

It is around US$ 125/- per minute without sound /includes the negative and a print. excluding postage.

But first you need to see the quality. If you are interested visit our site www.dcinemanetworks.com and email us.

Hope I am not advertising here.
Maheel Perera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:39 PM   #35
Major Player

I myself would happy if you'd advertise here. That is super price. Lot of people would be interested. So for 12,500 USD you get negative and distributiono print. That is cheap. I asume you use CRT, not laser, burners, and 2K resolution, am I right? And money would go to Sri Lanka, which would help that country economy. So not only save money but help where it's needed.

Radek
Radek Svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:05 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Radek,

Thanks for the comments Radek,

Yes it is CRT based. Could handle HDV/ DVC Pro HD resolutions. But you have to see a sample of the transfer to judge the quality.
Old June 1st, 2005, 09:21 AM   #37
Major Player

It's not 2K? Is it burner you guys make yourselves? Will transfer 1280x720p as max. resolution? Will transfer 1440x1080p, or is burner resolution lower? There is Laseroptics, I think, that makes low cost CRT burners/transfers. How your burner compare?

Radek
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:04 AM   #38
Regular Crew

It handles 2K. But the only 2K files we transfered were either Computer generated Images or Up Resed SD Images. We do not have a film scanner. And our service is geared to Video people. (We do not have HD Cameras in Sri Lanka.)
Old June 2nd, 2005, 03:15 PM   #39
Major Player

Maheel,

Thank you for information. Does it mean that I can't give HDCAM 1080p, HDV 1080i, or D5 tape to transfer to film, although machine is good enough to do transfer? How i handle you master? In hard drive, download over the net, or what?

Is that machine you guys make yourselves? Do you sell it?

Radek
Old June 4th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Radek,

We do not have HDCAM recorders. Since initially we are providing services to the local industry we did not think about purchasing one. I do not know whether there are any HDV cameras available here. Unless we have an uncompressed image file sequence (tif,tga etc.) we can not do transfers from HD formats.
Maheel Perera is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1