Should I get the Mack Warranty with my Z1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Should I get the Mack Warranty with my Z1?

Is this Mack Warranty a load of BS where they will try to find reasons not to repair my camera when I need it to be fixed? I am going to use this camera a lot and wondering if this warranty is a good investment or not. I am thinking that the heads will need some maintenace from time to time so that is my main concern.

Anyone with any good or bad experiences?
Greg Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #2
New Boot

I had a bad experience with Mack so I will say no. I've purchased several camcorders from B&H since that time & have refused Mack's extended warranty each time.
George A. Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

my Mack experience

My experience with Mack was very good although it was only with a 1 ccd camera I bought 4 years ago. For some reason it went out this last year while still under warranty. They repaired the camera (a JVC) and it works today as well or better than it did when I got it. I was very impressed.
Old March 29th, 2005, 11:47 AM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

Yes! I had a Mack warranty foor my XL-1 and they allowed me to send it to Canon. For my HD10, they allow me to send it to JVC. So, yes, buy a Mack warranty!

Hope this helps,

Heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1