Waiting for the Z2 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:24 PM   #46
Go Cycle

You read it here first.:

SONY will have a shoulder-mounted camera which will be the same as the FX-1 in the near future.

LIKE THE SONY DSR 250 is to the SONY VX2100/PD170.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:51 PM   #47
MPS Digital Studios

Chris: I had NO idea.

heath
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:05 PM   #48
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Lou Bruno : You read it here first.:

SONY will have a shoulder-mounted camera which will be the same as the FX-1 in the near future.

LIKE THE SONY DSR 250 is to the SONY VX2100/PD170. -->>>

Does "near future" = NAB?
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:01 PM   #49

Careful now...I don't recall Chris saying there WILL be one, but maybe that he wouldn't be surprised if there was one. Pretty big difference between "not surprised" and "will be."
You don't want to get Chris in trouble with a manufacturer now, do ya? :-)
http://www.vasst.com
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:32 PM   #50
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Bill Pryor : Chris, I think the VX9000 was the PAL version of the DSR200, only it was strictly DV, not DVCAM. It looked the same as the 200. -->>>

Looks kinda weird to me... http://www.planetomni.com/CAM_SONY_dcr-vx9000_DTL.shtml

Bryan: You made me think of John Belushi; "How much for the women? I want to buy your women! How much for the little girl?" ;-)
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM   #51
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Lou Bruno : You read it here first.:

LIKE THE SONY DSR 250 is to the SONY VX2100/PD170. -->>>

Which brings us back to why wait for the Z2? If the next big improvement is just a design alteration to suit ergonomics, rather than any internal hardware redesign to expand the basic FX-1 performance levels..... why would anyone bother waiting....

I am going to make a bold prediction, that the FX-1 will be considered a design classic. A classic, which like the Jumbo jet, is only ever copied by competitors or marginally altered to suit specific purposes, but the basic formula is so good it can't be bettered until the goal-posts are moved.....
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:15 AM   #52
Regular Crew

VX9000

"Looks kinda weird to me..." with reference to the VX9000. Watch it! I used the VX9000 for seven years before selling her. She was beautiful, in her own unbique way. She performed everything I asked of her, no matter how demanding. Aaah, VX, I miss you still...
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:31 PM   #53
Trustee

Well then, I put my challenge out again. Where is the Z1 footage with high movement, in realistic shooting situations. Sports, news, filmmaking. I've asked before and nonone could comply.

Aaron
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:45 PM   #54

I've shot it. News and high action. I can recapture, if you've got a place to upload the raw files to. I'm out of space on my server with the HDV that's already up there. My footage of the Eddie surf competition was used by two different news stations, both broadcasting in HD.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Aaron : that was my point but nobody dares to post links with such stuff rather than ducks, swans in a lake !!!!!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:09 PM   #56
Regular Crew

moreover that surfer stuff was not impressive to me. I missed some sharpness and detail. Maybe it was converted bad who knows.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:37 PM   #57

Hans, I challenge you to shoot better surfing footage. Maybe you don't have a good display system. When Sony saw that footage, the original thought was that it was shot with a 900. That was shot roughly a quarter mile away from the action. On a 60' screen, that was stupendous and real. It's not converted at all. That's straight from the camera, raw m2t files.
How about sharing your display system information?
I've got over 100 hours of HDV footage. You pay the storage, I'll upload whatever you want.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:12 PM   #58
Major Player

Commentator: "Jordan dribbles past him with easy, goes for the goal..."SLAM DUNK!!!!!"

Crowd : "Ohhhhhhhhhh"

Commentator: "In-His-Face!"

lol

- ShannonRawls.com
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:10 PM   #59
Obstreperous Rex

For the people who keep asking for online clips, I'd like to remind them that web hosting is not cheap when it comes to video -- especially on a message board with this level of popularity -- believe me you get slammed very hard. So for whoever is asking to see this stuff, the clips are there and the shooters are more than willing to put them up, but *you* need to pony up with the server space and bandwidth. I did my share with Kaku Ito's clips, that was 3.7 gigabytes of video that we had online, for over a month. I've done my part. You guys that are asking to see this stuff need to do your share now. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:19 PM   #60
MPS Digital Studios

I'm going to try and work something out to where I can put up a couple of raw HDV clips on a board that is owned by a friend of mine. Unlimited space, though that may change once a few thousand people download HUGE chunks of HDV clips...

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1