FX1 Quicktime Components at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FX1 Quicktime Components

Does anyone know what quicktime components are needed to view sony FX1 capture files that were captured with FInal Cut Pro 5? I recently lost many of my plugins when I had my OS reinstalled and I'm curious to know which one I'm still missing. when I open the old file it tells me that the necessary component is missing... Please help!
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:44 PM   #2
Major Player

If it still plays in FCP it should play in QT. FCP uses QT as its display engine. Did you re-install FCP 5 when you re-installed OS X?
Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

No it doesen't play in anything, please help. I captured these files several months ago before I had my OS reinstalled, I lost most of my components during this time and have had to hunt and peck for them... please help please!!!
Old March 2nd, 2006, 06:12 PM   #4
Major Player

Download the latest versions of Quicktime, Final Cut and the OS via software updater, then your should be good to go. No need for extra components since Apple build them in Quicktime.
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:19 PM   #5
Major Player

Vincent is correct. No extra "plugins" needed.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:39 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Well I just reinstalled quicktime and found that I'm getting the same problem, many of my components were deleted and for some reason they're not reinstalling, could someone please tell me what codec/component is necessary for footage of this type, please!!!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 05:57 AM   #7
Major Player

You should try reinstalling FCP 5. Along with that, you'll automatically be installing QT pro. FCP/QT includes all of the codecs needed to play back HD footage of just about any flavor and there's nothing exotic about Sony FX1 HDV. It's plain old 1080i HDV.

From the info you've given us, there is no reason the clips should not play. If a proper installation of FCP does not work for you, then I would question whoever reinstalled your OS and/or do it again yourself.
Old March 4th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #8
Wrangler

Bruce,

I emailed you the Apple HDV component. Let us know if it works.
Old March 4th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #9
Regular Crew

It works EUREKA!!!!!!!! Thank you all!
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1