FX1 from Apple looks pretty amazing - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old March 31st, 2006, 02:07 PM   #31
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bora Yenal
My friend talk to Apple for his order and they confirmed that It was a typing error and they will honor all orders.
Whoops! Bet there's gonna be some memos tomorrow. That was a good deal for those who got in... now I'll just have to keep dreamin' about that new Sony at NAB.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:31 PM   #32
Major Player

I can't believe I just pulled the trigger on this "deal"...

If they ship it at this price...then I'm going for it.

I'm a big supporter of B&H...but if I can get it for this price...

Anyway...ship date is unavailable.

Thanks guys[sarcasm]... it is like giving an recovering alcoholic, a drink.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:31 PM   #33
Major Player

Well then there's conflicting reports, because I've been informed on another forum that there was confirmation from a rep that the deal was legit and would only be offered through Apple.
Interesting none the less.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:35 PM   #34
Major Player

I just got the ship date...May 15.

Looks legit.

Woo-hoo! But if B&H gets it at this price sooner--I will cancel Apple's order and get it locally from B&H.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:45 PM   #35
Regular Crew

My ship date is May 15. I already sold it.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:55 PM   #36
Major Player

Ordered Two

I ordered two this morning. Originally picked 2 days shipping, but then with all the speculation thought i'd call apple and try changing to overnight (ended up being $6 more for overnight) and the lady I talked to said the deal is legit and had no explanation for why they are $1000 cheaper than anybody else.

My order status lists the ship date as being April 3 (Monday) and original arrival date as being April 5. The apple rep on the phone said with the overnight I will have them tuesday April 4 now!!

Thank you Robert for looking out for all of us!
Old March 31st, 2006, 03:21 PM   #37
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Essex
ok, anyone who has ordered this camera, what was the total price out the door?
Darrell
FIRST CINEMA PICTURES
114.96 Sales Tax
2,030.96 Total

I got a little nervous with the ship time, so I called them and changed the shipment to next day, which added 23.00 to it. The rep on the line said it will ship out monday at the latest for me.

Woo hoo!!
Old March 31st, 2006, 03:29 PM   #38
Trustee

As much as I'd like to jump on this, I'm standing back and going to wait. If Sony is dumping camera's just prior to NAB, I'll bite my nails until then. Then again, why would they saturate the market with these so close to NAB, wouldn't that kill off some sales of the new models? Unless the new models are all that, and I'd be kicking myself for not waiting... then again I'd be kicking myself for not getting this.. Arrrrgh! I've got two animations, three brochures, and some yard work to do.... I'm outta here.
Old March 31st, 2006, 03:41 PM   #39
Tourist

Hi all,

I found the deal and posted it on fatwallet after researching this camera quite a bit on this forum. Thanks for all the info. I ordered it on wends night when i saw the deal, and posted it on the deal site after i had my confirmation of shipping. I recieved both that i ordered today, one for me, one i sold on ebay. So far it seems to be a great camera, I used to use an xl-1. Now i just have to get used to having to buy sony batteries instead of using my stockpile of canon ones..
Old March 31st, 2006, 03:44 PM   #40
Rextilleon

I live in the state of taxation, New York--mine was 123 and change!
Old March 31st, 2006, 04:03 PM   #41
Major Player

I wonder if you called B&H if they would price match.

Also people shouldn't be spreading news of this deal on sites that have nothing to do with video. It's just going to cause a bunch of resellers to pick up loads of them only to resell them to make a quick buck off ebay. Leave this information in the video circles so everyone who is actually going to use one can get a good cam at a good deal.
But that's probably only my personal opinion, I just hate dealers and people who are only out to make money. Especailly if they get in the way of people who could actually use something like this and then don't get the chance to because they sold out to other dealers.
Old March 31st, 2006, 04:07 PM   #42
Tourist

my theory:

Apple used to carry this model in its retail stores to showcase their HD capabilities. A friend at the apple store nearby told me they dropped their in store stock to this price several weeks ago before sending them back to corporate. I am guessing apple is just trying to clear out stock on these since at original price of 3600 each, thats alot of idle inventory.
Old March 31st, 2006, 04:34 PM   #43
Major Player

Both my bro and I each bought one last night. Mines is expected to arrive April 10th. My bro bought one to flip on ebay. I can't decide to do the same or sell my HC1 and keep the FX1. Two is really more than I need so if anyone is interested in buying either the used HC1 or the new FX1 let me know. mindlee at gmail dot com.

thanks,
min
Old March 31st, 2006, 04:49 PM   #44
Major Player

Anybody tried doing a search for the FX1 on apple store lately?
Old March 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM   #45
Major Player

Yes, they come up with no results now.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1