Z1: Audio Limiter and Mic NR at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 17th, 2006, 02:45 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Z1: Audio Limiter and Mic NR

Are the Z1's audio limiter, Microphone Noise Reduction and Microphone Wind analog circuits or digital functions? The manual doesn't state that.

Also, is the Microphone wind function a static high pass (lo cut) filter or a more dynamic "DePopper" function?

I wish the manual would write more about this. I would guess that the Audio Limiter is an analog circuit while the others are digital functions .
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:27 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis
Are the Z1's audio limiter, Microphone Noise Reduction and Microphone Wind analog circuits or digital functions? The manual doesn't state that.

Also, is the Microphone wind function a static high pass (lo cut) filter or a more dynamic "DePopper" function?

I wish the manual would write more about this. I would guess that the Audio Limiter is an analog circuit while the others are digital functions .
I doubt those three functions are digital.

The lo-cut is probably static, which is not that bad if it's well designed. Perhaps some time in the future we can shape what lo-cut filtering we want, considering the audio we are recording.
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1