Shoe mount adaptor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 6th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #1
Trustee

Shoe mount adaptor

I was looking for a short shoe mount adaptor, so I can hold a portable LCD screen over the Z1.

But most seems to have a 1/4" screw up there instead of 3/8" as is should be. 1/4" is what microphones use, but not portable LCDs or video cameras.

I have just tried my screen with the Manfrotto monopod, which has both screws, and only the smaller one fitted in.

The strange thing is the pictures do look as if the screw was 3/8" instead of 1/4", which should be thicker.

Am I wrong and the screw is 3/8"?

Is anyone using such an adaptor to hold your TV screen to the Z1?

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I need to purchase an on-camera light for my Z1. Can anyone share w/Carlos and I what mount we need?

Thanks!
Austin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #3
Trustee

A clarification is in order. The screw size in the shoe adaptors is mostly 1/4-20, which is the standard socket size in LCD screens.

The light mounts directly on the shoe mount, with no adaptors, as long as it is a standard camera light.

I am also on the market for a camera light, if possible a type that I can eventually use an MR16 LED replacement.

The Bescor MPL645, Lowel I-Light and Smith Victor SV840 are on my short list. Cost should not exceed $200.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1