FX1 Errors with example videos (sometimes records and dim video) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old June 25th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FX1 Errors with example videos (sometimes records and dim video)

Has anyone experienced the following problems with their FX1?

1) Looks like it records video, but upon playback it only shows a blue screen with a blinking timecode. This error comes up randomly. Sometimes it records, sometimes it doesn't.

Sample video of error #1
www.monstercrayons.com/clients/sony/1.html

2) Dimmer than normal video.

Sample video of error #2
www.monstercrayons.com/clients/sony/2.html
Old June 25th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

1) When you record with that camera, will the tape play back on the other FX1? Perhaps the heads are dirty?

2) Have you tried comparing the brightness of both cameras when set on manual mode? You need to set both cameras on the same shutter speed, gain setting, and iris. You may have ACG enabled on camera 2 which would limit the amount of gain, thus causing a darker image when in full auto.
John M. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. Graham View Post
1) When you record with that camera, will the tape play back on the other FX1? Perhaps the heads are dirty?

2) Have you tried comparing the brightness of both cameras when set on manual mode? You need to set both cameras on the same shutter speed, gain setting, and iris. You may have ACG enabled on camera 2 which would limit the amount of gain, thus causing a darker image when in full auto.
Hey John!

Thanks for the reply. Both camcorders are brand new and neither can play the tape when it does that blue screen of death thing.

I did try putting the same manual settings and it still was extremely dimmer than the other camcorder.

Thanks for your suggestions, though...
Old June 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #4
Major Player

Return under warranty was the only thing to do.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 10:20 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I had to return my FX1 to the Sony repair shop in Laredo, TX due to an issue with a strange continuous popping/static-like noise emitting from the speaker . It was actually a pretty smooth and easy process to my surprise. It only took about a week too. I hope you receive the same good service that I did! It really "hurts" to ship your camera away to be repaired. At least you got another one to play around with! ;o)
John M. Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

« Fx1 | New Posts | mic »