Z5 I-link not available when using HVR-MRC1K ??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 20th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Z5 I-link not available when using HVR-MRC1K ???

Is this correct? You cannot use a remote zoom control on the Z5 because the I-link is not useable at the same time the HVR-MRC1K is in use???
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rankin View Post
Is this correct? You cannot use a remote zoom control on the Z5 because the I-link is not useable at the same time the HVR-MRC1K is in use???
I-link is firewire, as I understand, and you can't use it with memory module. Zoom control is connected via LANC jack, and you can use it.
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Major Player

I don't have this camera but have been watching it very carefully (read as lustfully.) The MRC1K unit connects via the firewire or "iLink" connection but the camera is equipped with LANC for connecting a controller. So the iLink is in use and cannot be accessed by another piece of equipment but a LANC controller could be used. hope that helps...

Sony | HVR-Z5U Professional HDV Camcorder | HVR-Z5U | B&H Photo

right, what spektor said - that's why you shouldn't get up to get a drink before hitting submit...someone will beat you to the post.

Last edited by Bryan Daugherty; January 20th, 2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: because I am too slow hitting submit...
Bryan Daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Bryan...actually, I already knew that...I just misread/misintrepreted (i.e. confused I link with Lanc).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000