MRC-1 missing frames - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #31
Major Player

Anything over 20 minutes (or 4 GB) you have to use the utility to join the clips otherwise there is a gap. I use the utility to download the whole card because it's easier. You do not have to use the utility on the smaller clips. You can drag the rest of your clips directly on to your hard drive if that's what you prefer.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #32
Regular Crew

I use this utility as well to join large files. I was just a little unclear with your last previous post when you stated you used the utility to join M2Ts from your camera - wasn't sure if you meant you could join all M2Ts together, or just the +4GB files.

Regarding my original post on 5/5/10, I've done a ton of research and the issue I'm having with M2Ts and Premiere (7 silent frames and one black frame at end of each M2T) has led back to a bug with Premiere Pro and M2T files. If you change the .M2T extension to .MPG, the black frame goes away, but the sound issue still remains.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see if CS5 has fixed this bug, as it is quite annoying when watching all the footage uncut.
Richard Peddington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000