Sony Rebates for NAB attendees at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Rebates for NAB attendees

I just got this announcement in my email yesterday. For those attending NAB you can get a $500 rebate on Sony products over $5000. I am close to getting one of the Sony cameras and this will more than pay for my trip out there. I got free tickets to the show and $79 tickets on Southwest! I'm excited...never been to NAB before.

http://www.wordsandpictures.net/Sony/3182-NAB08-eblast/
Andy B. Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Major Player

Yeah, spoke with one of my Sony reps about this....I'm trying to see if I can get this for some people who can't make it. I was going to go, as I do every year, but have a huge project on Monday that screwed up all of my plans...lost the room, airfare will be credited....I even had a meeting with some folks on new equipment....agh, so aggravating!
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #3
Major Player

Kinda sucks for us that bought two of them when they first became available :(
At least I don't have to sit through a "qualifying presentation" now. This gives me more time to hopefully put a deposit down on a Red Scarlett <crosses fingers>.
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Two? Ha! I have 4 Z7U's and wanted to get 1-2 EX1's as well, in addition to some lenses and other stuff. Since I have multiple addresses and accounts, it would have been great. We'll see what happens, but the registration is done via the NAB badge and form is provided after the presentation. Not good.
Old April 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Does anyone know what these presentations entail? How long are they? When are they? A cursory look at the sony NAB sight doesn't give me info.. that I can tell. It says that these are formal presentations...I would assume there is a schedule somewhere. I am only there for parts of two days so I need to plan accordingly :)
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Rebates are often offered to move product within a timeframe. Are any new products anticipated? EX1 refresh?
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis View Post
Rebates are often offered to move product within a timeframe. Are any new products anticipated? EX1 refresh?
Yes....which is what I had an "in" with......but I will tell you that those going will know of some new toys on the way nonetheless.
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis View Post
Phil Bloom was saying that he was announcing something on Sunday on his blog...I assume this is something with the EX1? could be anything though I suppose
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Marshall,

Please let us know if you work something out with the reps. for us oor non-attendees. I was hoping to make it too, but my clients decided to sandbag me (what can you do?) with a couple of new "we need it yesterday" projects. A $500 rebate would definitely influence a decision I am about to make regarding a new camera.

TY for any info.
Andrew Buchanan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270