Compact Flash 'Format Error' - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old November 16th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Compared to P2 cards they are. Our TV station bought 32GB P2 cards and I was told they were $1000 each. I found the 64GB compact flash at $699.
Harry Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #17
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Wright View Post
What make is the 64gb card Jon? Do you have a supplier please?
Hi Hedley,

I use Photofast 64gb cards in my Z7's. You can buy them from Birdwatchers Online Store. I haven't had any problems with the cards.
Jon Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I discovered that if you formatted the 32GB cards they went bad, i got an error code on the MRC1K, and I had to return them. These are Transcend 133x which otherwise work perfectly well. Now I never format them, just delete all clips, and so far not a problem.
The 16GB version of the same card works perfectly well, I can format them and they work afterwards!
Mark Morreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Interesting - I've had three Transcend 133x cards go bad on me - one when I dropped it, one when I tried to format it, and one when I removed it while the camera was switched on. I'll take your advice and delete only - thanks. Can't afford the premium for 64Mb cards yet.
Hedley Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Morreau View Post
I discovered that if you formatted the 32GB cards they went bad, i got an error code on the MRC1K, and I had to return them. These are Transcend 133x which otherwise work perfectly well. Now I never format them, just delete all clips, and so far not a problem.
The 16GB version of the same card works perfectly well, I can format them and they work afterwards!
That's interesting - I've always formatted my cards, only because I was told to do that with digital SLR cameras and have done so since the earliest DSLR I owned, a Nikon D1.

I've been given a replacement Kingston 133x 32GB card and used it a couple of times so far without a problem - on Saturday I filled the entire card filming an ice hockey match.
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270