EA50K - Release date? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old January 13th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #1
Trustee

EA50K - Release date?

I was wondering if this model (currently in Asia - NEX-EA50K : NXCAM (AVCHD) : Professional Cameras : Sony Professional Solutions Asia Pacific)

Will get a release in Europe? if so, when?

I would rather pay a lower premium for this model then cough up £2600 for the current one with the servo zoom lens.

Why? because I intend to use other lenses and could live with using my existing manual SEL18200 lens which I have on my VG20 at the moment.

Anybody else thinking the same?
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: EA50K - Release date?

Hi James

As at now, GlobalMediapro still list the "K" version as a preliminary model and not in stock yet so they don't seem to have them yet. You can click on a link on their site and they will let you know when it's going to be released and at what price? I guess for now Sony is marketing to people who need a complete unit?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Not sure if you wil see it released in the UK or Europe, it's like the panasonic ag ac120, the version without the viewfinder, I never saw this one available in any store here. The dealers, and Sony are making more money selling the unit with lens so more likely to push those sales. The VG900 f.i. is being sold without lens and haven't seen a unit combined with a lens yet, here probably the opposite, the vg900 is allready quite expensive without lens and they might fear that with lens it would be too expensive to sell.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #4
Trustee

Depressing news if thats the case.

I'll get in touch with GlobalMediaPro for additional info.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Don't take my word for it! It's just an assumption on what I have seen happening with other models in the past.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #6
Trustee

Good analysis to be fair, as it makes complete sense. I just hope it's not true! lol
James Manford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)