Glass house - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Glass house

Thx for the tips Allan, not planning to sell any dvd's and I"m sure they won't ask either but that's not my intention, just want to go out and have fun as I have enough paid assignments during the rest of the year :)
I got my approval yesterday, took me 3 calls to finally get to the right person. Will be shooting this Tuesday so probably will have something online on Wednesday.

For the glass blower docu I will probably start shooting end next week or one week later, I actually find it a challenge shooting such a "dry subect" so I like to keep it as real as possible, including a model would look a bit like those camera accessory builders that often use beautiful women to hold the camera or accessory but that's too fake for me. We probably will be doing most shooting at his own place, he makes small glass art in a small basement so that will be a challenge as well.

One thing I have learned already was when we first met, I first wanted to know if he was up to it and if he could make time available, before I knew we where talking a lot about his art making and at a certain point I thought "I should have brought my camera!" :D So I politely tried to end the conversation telling him that for the docu's sake that it was better to continue talking about his work when I had a camera set up and running because otherwise he had to repeat himself again as he already was telling a lot of interesting stuff I could use.

I just will go with the flow :) once I finish this project I will know where it went wrong and what I should be doing different next time, it's just a learning process and making mistakes is a part of it. This is usually always the way I learn new things, when I buy something new I hardly read the manual, I just start fiddling with the thing and only if I get stuck I read the manual just to solve that one problem. That's probably the reason I started working at the age of 17, I"m more a "hands-on" kind of guy, learn while I do something. Only if this would have been a paid assignment I would be asking for advice for sure but now I just want to have fun while creating something. :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #32
Trustee

Noa,

Be careful, I found the highlight areas on shiny objects are prone to aliasing and moire.

Also, do you have clear or UV filters to protect you lenses?

Steve
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Be careful
No worries, I always have my helmet on.

I"ll be using a variable nd filter but I"ll keep my distance from any hot sources for sure.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
One thing I have learned already was when we first met, I first wanted to know if he was up to it and if he could make time available, before I knew we where talking a lot about his art making and at a certain point I thought "I should have brought my camera!" :D So I politely tried to end the conversation telling him that for the docu's sake that it was better to continue talking about his work when I had a camera set up and running because otherwise he had to repeat himself again as he already was telling a lot of interesting stuff I could use.
Yep I agree. Trust you've got some lights and importantly good audio coverage, especially if you're asking the questions.

Looking forward to seeing how it all went, and maybe it will develop into a DVD you can sell to help their cause. Best of luck Noa.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)