Batteries for Sony NEX-EA50 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 13th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Batteries for Sony NEX-EA50

Chris

I bought a fancy quick charger for my Sony batteries with a blue illuminating LED screen ... cost around £25 delivered from China.

Very good...It charges fast and displays how full the battery is whilst charging along with the percentage.

My EA50 works with my non-Sony 970 batteries too ... But not all of them unfortunately. I bought 9 batteries, 5 off one seller and 4 of another via ebay. The bunch of 4 do not work with the EA50. And I can't tell the difference why they don't. The batteries where initially bought to use with my LED video lights so they all work on the light units. But only the 5 I bought from one seller work with the camera.

5 batteries are more than enough for a shoot, so it's not a big deal for me.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Thanks James

I'll look for that charger..the charger unit that comes with my lights is tiny so I really only want to charge the generic Sony batteries not the L-Series ... I have a 770 and 790 for each camera and at last Saturday's wedding the 770 was at 60% at midnight ...amazing batteries !!! For me 4 is plenty.

If you stumble across the China charger link please send it to me?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #18
Trustee

Here we go:

Digital LCD Quick Charger f Sony FP FH FV - FM QM Series Battery | Linkdelight.com

It charges a vast array of Sony batteries.

Can't recommend it enough to be honest.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I use the 970. Why fool around with something that drives tech that makes one money. I like cheap but when it comes to power, not so much.
Robert Moran is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)