More on the PP3 profile settings - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:53 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: More on the PP3 profile settings

Hi Pete

Me too! So the +4 setting on your PP3 profile will be just about perfect for your wedding as the 2nd image is basically PP3 + 2 with a tiny bit of saturation added so I'll keep the profile at PP3 + 4 on my cameras.
I have noticed when watching my DVD's on a client's TV that they tend to has saturation on the TV pretty high by default so the end DVD when watched by the bride is more often than not a lot more saturated than what I see on my monitors. I don't think going higher than level 4 would be wise!!

Don't get envious!! We are also forbidden to use lighting at weddings...this was a "special" and the first time I have used lights at a ceremony ...this was a coffee house and they converted the interior for the ceremony which was, of course, a civil one ...it wasn't easy as I had zero space and the floor area was just big enough for the bridal party, celebrant and 2 mum's and 2 dad's who were right under my camera!!

The place had 60 guests and the only way I could get congratulations and the dancing was to walk on the tables (the manager threw me off them shortly after but I got the shots!) Sorta 60 people in an area meant for 30!! It was quite a challenge but fun!!

On the sharpening topic I do find that the image tends to sharpen quite significantly when I render out to MPEG2 for DVD ...

On Saturday's wedding I have some outdoor footage on the stedicam so I'll see how that looks as I shot that on PP3 with a level of 4

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)