OSX and the Content Browser - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old June 30th, 2014, 08:49 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: OSX and the Content Browser

Hi All,

I hope it's OK to give this topic a new kick instead of opening a new one. After experiencing a problem I have searched the net extensively but cannot find a solution. I have closed the four different "windows" of Content Browser v1.1 on my Macbook, just by clicking the upperleft red button. As I am not able to re-open them from the bottom dock I have tried to delete and re-install Content Browser a few times. Though, that does not bring back the four windows. I am pretty new to the mac-world. Somebody knows a solution? What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

Gabor
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Sound like you have closed the windows (red button) instead of minimizing a window (yellow button). to get a new window go to File/New Explorer Window. Or File/New Preview Window. I hope that helps.
Do you have the EA 50? I don't use the content browser at all. I always just import the .MTS files straight into a folder on my computer. The only hitch is if you have very long clips they get separated in the camera and Content Browser has a way of putting them back together.
BTW, what editing software do you use?
Steve Bobilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your help. It was much appreciated. That indeed was the problem. It's apparently a problem to be a mac-newbie. But yeah, you must take that step one time and it's nice to have assisting people around than.

No I don't own the EA50. I use the Content Browser software to import files from my PMW-350 and EX1R's SxS cards (same workflow) using the Sonnet thunderbolt expresscard reader. My NLE is Adobe Premiere.
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)