Please Post High ISO/Gain samples - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old August 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: Please Post High ISO/Gain samples

Hey Guys,

My post was not intended to sound cranky. I guess it did? My overall thought that many people expect so much for so little must have come through. I don't mean to sound like $3,500.00 is chump change, at least it is not for me. I am also used to working with cameras that cost many thousands more where the cost of the camera justifies high expectations. We all want the best value for our money. There is a line when expectations become unreasonable for the amount paid. Pound for pound the EA50 is an incredible value. Fortunately we have DVINFO.net where we can share ideas, experiences, facts, and OPINIONS. So my take will remain the same, for now. The EA50 is a general purpose camera that does a lot of things very well for a bargain price. It is far from perfect, but so am I ;)

Disclaimer: My camera was shipped backed to Sony yesterday for repairs. My entire position on this camera may change depending on the outcome of this process. Please don't ask why now. The story is scattered in numerous threads already. Once I have gone through the repair process I will post a detailed thread on the whole process.

Steve
Old August 21st, 2013, 11:55 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I'll be quick on the draw and say, no worries man. I didn't take it in a bad way. I thought what you said was reasonable and just fine.
Chris Quevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 11:57 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Sorry to hear that man, never fun to deal with repairs, no matter how small. I thi k to be honest, I may hold off on a EA50. I found a deal on a fs100 for about the same price. I think I'm gonna take it
Chris Quevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:08 AM   #19
Inner Circle

The clincher for me was the shoulder mount and I absolutely thrive on shoulder mount cameras! If the FS100 had been a SM then I would have gone for the bigger sensor of course but the design looks very unbalanced even if you put it on a rig ...still an awesome camera!

We look forward to your post Steve and hopefully it wasn't a huge problem with the EA-50 ... mine have been flawless so far and more importantly have paid for themselves many times over already.

Chris? if you go for an FS100 look for the post here about shortening the viewing tube, it's supposed to make the camera way better more manageable!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quevedo View Post
Sorry to hear that man, never fun to deal with repairs, no matter how small. I thi k to be honest, I may hold off on a EA50. I found a deal on a fs100 for about the same price. I think I'm gonna take it
I think that's a wise choice. Only reason I went for the EA50 instead of the FS100 was that I couldn't afford the FS100 at that time! (and cannot afford to upgrade now either)
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)