Want to buy lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old October 14th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Trustee

Want to buy lens

ok im looking at this lens
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/284402-REG/Tamron_AF09NII_700_28_75mm_f_2_8_XR_Di.html
How to I adjust the iris? Even on the most expensive converters I dont see a iris ring.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Want to buy lens

Hi Randy

I only use Nikon mount lenses on my camera because I have two Nikon still cameras. Correct the lenses don't have an aperture ring (my 24-70 Sigma actually did have the ring but most Tamrons don't)

Just look for an adapter with iris control. Both my Novoflex adapters have iris rings. Even my $15 Chinese adapter (which never fitted the EA-50 correctly so I threw it out) had a crude form of adjustment.

There are plenty of "dumb" adapters out there that have iris control rings fitted as standard.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Trustee

Will this give me iris control?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/737925-REG/Novoflex_NEX_NIK_Adapter_for_Nikon_Lens.html
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #4
Inner Circle

That's what the blue ring is for Randy ....Only thing to remember is to make sure the ring is at the full open mark before you clip the lens on .... You can then rotate the ring to open/close the iris.

It's not marked but that's no issue ..if you are say, outside, and the iris is full open and your shutter wants 1/6000 simply close the iris until the shutter speed drops to where to want it.

I a Church you won't need to close it anyway unless it's a REALLY bright Church!! I use mine normally at F2.8 only and the shutter might get up to 1/120th at the most.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Trustee

question: Are there any decent lenses like the 17-50 ish at 2.8 that already has a Sony NEX mount so I wouldnt need a adapter?
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Sony make a SEL1855 E-Mount but it's F3.5-5.6 so I really cannot see the point .... The stock lens will do just as well and probably better as it might have a higher zoom and still be at F5.6

Unless you want to spend Megabucks on a Zeiss then you are stuck with Tamron or Tokina or Sigma if you want F2.8 or better in a zoom. I figured the 17-50 F2.8 Tamron performed the best for me. I STILL haven't got around to doing a few tests with digital zoom kicked it so it becomes a 17 - 100 mm lens

I will do it and see if 2X digital zoom is useable!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)