Viewfinder adjustable sideways for left-eyed cameraman? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old January 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Major Player

Viewfinder adjustable sideways for left-eyed cameraman?

Could anybody with a NEXEA50 check if the viewfinder assembly can be moved sideways in order to permit a left-eyed cameraman to position his left eye in font of the ocular of the viewfinder tube, while the cam is on his righthand shoulder?
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Viewfinder adjustable sideways for left-eyed cameraman?

No it won't swing far enough to angle for the left eye....The LCD folds all the way flat to the camera but can only be opened so its facing straight back.
Ray Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Trustee

Luc,

I am a left handed EA50 owner. The fact that the viewfinder is not adjustable does take away some of the ergonomics of the design for us south paws. I can use it, but not as comfortably as a righty.

Also, I had to get a right angle adapter for the headphone jack because its location made it stick in my face. No big deal but necessary.

So...it works for us, but they could have made it much better without a lot of effort.

Steve
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc De Wandel View Post
Could anybody with a NEXEA50 check if the viewfinder assembly can be moved sideways in order to permit a left-eyed cameraman to position his left eye in font of the ocular of the viewfinder tube, while the cam is on his righthand shoulder?
hey, so I have a question. If you did this, how would you see forward? wouldn't the viewfinder cover both eyes then?
Chris Quevedo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)