filming fluo lights - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old July 7th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: filming fluo lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Yeah, that kind of blue and the other kind of horrible red are my camera's best friends. As far as I know there is not much you can do about it unless you would add a very strong videolight onto your camera to flood the dancefloor with white light but then the guests would not be your best friends anymore :)

Last year I canceled a order I made for a videolight on a high light stand that I could control with a remote to place next to the dancefloor, the problem is with these DJ lights is that you need a very powerful light to have enough white fill light, it would be easier to just cut the power cable to his lights. :)
I did not buy that light as I realized it's yet another tool to drag along that day and in most cases it won't work as it won't be powerful enough and for other conditions where they kill most of the light my GH3 at 6400 iso with a f2.0 lens can show me more then what I see with my own eyes.

I wonder if you could use a preset that doesn't wash out all details like that blue or red light does, have you tried shooting with a very flat preset? Maybe that would work better to add saturation afterwards in post?
Noa, I always film without a preset (no preset selected) Still haven't tried filming with presets. So I suppose this a flat preset.
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: filming fluo lights

In the disco clip, there is another feature that makes the result worse. Traditional tungsten lamps ramp up and down. A PAR64 takes nearly half a second to go out, for example. LEDs goin on and off instantly, and that makes it look even worse, as in the clip.

However, I bet to those there, it looked so much better.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)