Sony Dual Battery Charger - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old October 11th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: Sony Dual Battery Charger

Aaron,

Another thing to note is batteries and chargers on e-bay have a very high percentage of counterfeits. On the outside you cant tell the difference. The counterfeiters save money be leaving out important circuitry on the inside. Like the circuits that read the chip and so forth. You might think you have a Sony charger and it could be fake.

OEM batteries are so expensive most of us have tried to beat the cost at one time or another. For me, like others, I feed my camera nothing but Sonys. Lights are a different matter.

You will read over and over here that the best off brand guys have good luck with are Wasabi battery from e-bay.

Here is a Canon link with info on the fakes Canon U.S.A. : About Counterfeits: Understanding the Problem

Steve
Old October 12th, 2014, 01:07 AM   #17
Major Player

Hi Steve,

Yes I did grab one of the Batteries that had NP-F750 and it was as you said. It did not have the info circuit in it. When I plug it into my dual Sony Charger it did not give a hour reading. It just had the flashing dashes. It only cost me $20 bucks and I can use it for my lights so that is a plus. Actually as I was reading your last post on this thread I went to get the info to the battery that I purchased from Ebay and found that it had arrived today by looking at the tracking. Went outside to get it out of the mail box and plugged it into the dual charger and no hour reading. Learning lesson! After getting my new lights in today (from Ebay for $125 each), which are freaking awesome LED lights, I will maybe grab a few more for them if my test of this battery works out in my other lights first.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 01:44 PM   #18
Trustee

Enjoy your new gear. I hope your wedding goes well!

Steve
Old October 14th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #19
Inner Circle

That Canon "spot the fake" counterfeit primer should be a "sticky"!! While it is Canon specific, the basic "tells" are the same for Sony products... logos are "close", but "off", printing is poor, sometimes with strange spelling errors, molding is sometimes sloppy (plastics), little things that are "close" but not quite right...

Actually almost ANY Consumer product with a large potential audience (Nintendo cartridges... memory sticks and cards... purses, shoes, etc. etc...) can and probably has been counterfeited, buyers have to BEWARE...

Having dealt with plenty of fakes/counterfeits/knockoffs (different from 3rd party labelled products "for" this or that device), it helps to know that there are PLENTY of them in circulation...

One must keep in mind that if some crooks STEAL the trade dress of another company in order to give their "product" the air of legitimacy, they really DO NOT CARE if the user has something explode, catch fire, or otherwise damage expensive equipment... sometimes a penny (OK, a few dollars) saved is not worth the potential risks!!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I get emails that now go direct to my junk folder from a supplier in China who offers a Canon 5DIII (with a lens too!) for $125.00 ...no that's not a typo either....$125 was on a subsequent email too!! He also proudly offers the big screen iPhone6 at the same price!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #21
Inner Circle

I've actually seen a "Canon" SLR looking thing... had the name, and I guess it would fool the unschooled... total piece of crap of course, but it SAID Canon on it, and someone paid SOMETHING for it... might have been a film camera, but I'm sure there are digital knockoffs...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #22
Trustee

Dave,

About ten years ago I was thrown out of a small tourist type store in Times Square (NY, NY). In one of the display cases was a whole bunch of cameras that said Canon on them. They did not even come close to resembling anything Canon offered at the time. I was pointing them out to the guy that was with me and laughing about them. The guys behind the counter came over and were very angry about telling me to get out of their store immediately. They did not even ask what I was laughing about, they knew, it was get out NOW!

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)