Vienna coffee houses-Working with the Sony NEX5n for broadcast at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorders using E-Mount lenses.

Old January 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vienna coffee houses-Working with the Sony NEX5n for broadcast

Dear friends.

Working together with my BBC correspondent Bethany Bell is a cameraman's dream come true. The reason is simple, she lets me do my job.....

A minute before the new Canon C300 and Nikon D4 are here to lift the picture quality bar, here is our attempt to work with the Sony NEX5n in a "normal short feature for broadcast environment". It is part of our ongoing effort to test different modern working tools

More info can be found on the Vimeo page.

Thanks for watching!

Johnnie
Old January 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Vienna coffee houses-Working with the Sony NEX5n for broadcast

There are severe white balance problems in this video. Some scenes are bluish, some are yellowish. This is not a camera fault. I recognize the difficulty of mixed light sources (window light and incandescent), but each shot has a different overall color cast and it is very noticeable. Most shots are not taking advantage of the shallow dof (the waiter taking an order and the lined up cups are very nice exceptions). I guess the main advantage of this camera here is low light (but it has to be properly balanced).
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Vienna coffee houses-Working with the Sony NEX5n for broadcast

Very nice News Piece. A bit too much walking and talking for me, but very nice indeed. Sound?
Sometimes people here don't think broadcast news, coming from that field I can say this is a nicely
done piece about nothing. Good work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900