Content Management Utility - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 30th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Content Management Utility

One more question; does the ax2000/nx5 record to sdxc cards and if it does, are there any fat32 restrictions on that exFAT format? Is it f.i. possible to format that type of card as exFAT to allow recording of larger files of will the Sony camera allways format as fat32?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #32
Inner Circle

All camera formatting is FAT32. I think if it sees anything else it will want to reformat the memory card. Only supports SDHC.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #33
Inner Circle

thx Ron for your answer
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #34
Tourist

I replaced my Z5U with two new NX5 cameras. I am having a problem with time codes. The raw files that are either on the SD card or the dedicated solid state recording unit has time code information. If I view those files (after moving all files on the storage natively to the hard drive) I can see time code information in Adobe CS 5.5.

However if I Import the same files using CMU Adobe CS 5.5 does not see any time code information. The video after import is a different format with the file extension .m2ts. Before import it is .mts file extension.

So I am wondering where the time code went. If I view the raw file inside the CMU before importing and check all the metadata displayed by CMU on the right side of the window, there is no time code shown in any metadata window.

Indeed, if I preview the video file inside CMU before import, the time code window below and to the left of the preview window shows 00.00.00.00 starting time code which means to me that CMU is not itself making use of the time code information and does not even seem to be aware that there is time code.

I went through every single menu item in CMU looking for something like "turn time code on" and there is no disabled setting I am aware of.

I cannot imagine that Sony ignored timecode when they created the only import software capable of gluing the little files back together.

My old Z5U used a crude Sony utility that did nothing more than glue the files back together, but it did preserve the timecode when it did so. That old software is about five years old.

Anyone have any ideas on how to import with timecode?
Rene Folse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #35
Major Player

Rene,

Is there a *.cmuprops to match each *.m2ts video file? If the CMU didn't create one in the same folder as the .m2ts file, there may be a problem with settings or user privlages.

If you look under the Tools menu/Settings... menu, then the Other tab, you'll see the path where user data is stored.

I have an application:
Wilcox Video Productions - GPS Data Reader
which will map the GPS location of each video clip (requires the *.cmuprops files).

Good luck
Hope this helps.
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #36
Inner Circle

In the CMU preview display one can switch between timecode and users bits by clicking in the preview window and pressing T on the keyboard. At least in my version. If you have not set user bits it will be 00:00:00:00. That at least should let you see the timecode in the CMU. Not sure about Premiere. I have CS5.5 but mainly use Edius so will have to have a look and see if I can find out for you.

I once touched the button on the NX5U while shooting and could not figure out why the timecode was not progressing but I had a REC indicator !!! There is a buttonthat switches between timecode and user bits bottom right on the NX5U panel !!!.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders