I must vent about my day with the AX-2000 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #16
MPS Digital Studios

Terrific, Sherri! It seems a lot of logging and transferring problems stem from PCM audio; I know I switched the camera I was reviewing immediately to Dolby, so I'd avoid any frustrations.

Heath
Old April 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #17
Tourist

low light issues

Hi Sherri, how is your AX2000 performing in low light? I just can't get a good clear picture. I am getting a lot of grain, even if I use a light, the background and some images even on the lighted areas have grain. I can't figure out how to get a good looking low light picture. I have seen footage online that looks great.
Daniel Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Casper View Post
I am getting a lot of grain, even if I use a light, the background and some images even on the lighted areas have grain. I can't figure out how to get a good looking low light picture. I have seen footage online that looks great.
Are you shooting in automatic? Do you have the gain limit set or are you leaving it go to 18db? I have NX5U but assume the settings are much the same. Try setting your gain limit to 12db and see if that produces a more acceptable picture for you.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hi Daniel,

I haven't had a low light situation with the camcorder yet. But I did set the gain control limits to 0 for L, +6 for M, and +12 for H. I leave the camera's gain control in the L setting so that I always start out with 0 gain when using it manually. Then I can up the gain as needed.
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Those aren't limits; they are the actual values in GAIN SET for when you use manual gain. Ron's talking about AGC LIMIT to set a maximum value the cam will add in Auto Gain mode. Entirely different. Both on p 69 of the AX2000 manual.
Old April 16th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #21
Regular Crew

OK, I stand corrected.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders