Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo HX series at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old August 19th, 2010, 04:09 AM   #1
Tourist

Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo HX series

Anyone used the above with the NXCAM (HXR-NX5) I had the original 'buffer overflow' problem followed by problems using Transcend cards. I am using the supplied Memory Stick Pro Duo Magic Gate Mk 2 trouble free (touch wood) but my supplier has sent me the HG HX series cards. I have contacted everyman and his dog at Sony and no-one can tell me if they are better the same or inferior cards to the Magic Gate MK2. If you go onto Sony's storage and recording media site the NXCAM doesn't exist?
So back to my question has anyone used the new HX series cards with the NXCAM without problem?

Thanks
Paul Fairhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 05:08 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes, I have two MsPro cards 8gb HX series (amongst the other six Mark2 cards), and I never had problems with them. Well, I had at first time usage two small errors on one of the Mark 2 cards (I didn't lose anything important), but I recorded over ten times since then and didn't reappear. I format the cards before every event/project.
The HX series are the best Memory Stick cards. They are faster and guaranteed to last longer than Mark2 cards. In my subjective opinion they are better than SDHC cards, I never heard about problems with them, but SDHC are known to have some problems if you look on the Panasonic HMC150 topics. On the other hand I didn't hear about problems with SDHC cards on NX5 (beside buffer overflow problems which is not the cards problem) so maybe Sony designed a better camera, I don't know.

Did the problem reappear after you applied the firmware update?
Cristian Adrian Olariu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #3
Tourist

No - after the firmware update the camera has been fine but I had Transcend cards which were coming up as "No Data" I returned these to my supplier and bought the Mark 2 Pro Duo cards to get me by. My supplier, after weeks, has replaced the Transcend with the HX series hence the question.
Thanks
Paul Fairhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo HX series

Sony support sure has some real winners working for them, I have the NX5U they told me I cant use the pro sticks because of the MagicGate encryption hello all the sony sticks have it . So I bought one the guy was full of crapola it worked fine
Chas Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Re: Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo HX series

i have this camera and am using both the transcend & pro-hg duo hx on ver 2.0 firmware. i have the ozzy model nx5p x 3 units and they work fine. please check your firmware on the camera. I mainly use only the transcend 32GB Class 10 cards and they work fine.
Dipesh Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders