Green Screen Result Sample at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old September 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #1
New Boot

Green Screen Result Sample

Hi Guys,

Haven't seen this anywhere yet so here is what I achieved with the Sony NX5E with a small cheap green screen - first attempt.
YouTube - Sony NXCAM Chroma Key Results

Hope you like it.
Yannick Hausler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I liked it!

I don't know much about green screen. What can you tell us about what you did - what problems you had etc.

I think the trick with green screen is to get the lighting to match the background - but your presenter looked very well lit for the scene....

Ian
Ian McElroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I always have trouble with spill. I think I am over lighting the green screen. It looks like yours was pretty dark. Can you tell us some of your techniques from lighting to keying.
Brandon Barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #4
New Boot

I'm not an export either in green screen. This was my first attempt..

My green screen is set up at the end of my garage. It was a sunny day so I thought I would leave the garage doors open to get extra light onto the presenter and green screen. My main lighting source was 1 worklight which was placed on some beams near the roof of garage. The light source spread out onto the green screen and was relatively well lit. This is also the main lighting source of the presenter, as you may see on the presenter and green screen, the left and top side is receiving more light, but on the right hand side of the green screen there is no light set up.
Before you light your green screen you want to know what you want to achieve in the final render. My client wanted a white background so I did my best with what I had, which was 1 worklight and natural sunlight from outside coming through the garage doors.

I didn't really have any problems in post production. I used after effects cs5 to key out. The only thing that can sometimes be seen, is on the right hand side when the hand of the presenter goes onto the chroma keyed area, there is an outline of the green as it is too different from the lighted green screen parts.

I hope that gives you an idea, but as I said this was my first attempt so I'm not an expert.

If you have any more questions then I will try to answer them

Regards
Yannick
Yannick Hausler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders