AX2000 File Problem & Solution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old January 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Tourist

AX2000 File Problem & Solution

Hello all. I recently encountered a problem with a file from my AX2000 and wanted to share the workaround that I came up with. In an interview shoot, I finished with six mts files but one of them was corrupt.

First, my normal workflow: I download the cards via usb card reader (when will someone make a firewire one??) to my Mac (a dual G5). From there I convert to Apple Intermediate Codec using Clipwrap to generate editable files for Final Cut.

During the course of this process, one of the six files repeatedly caused Clipwrap to crash -- it would not convert. As a last resort, I pulled an old PC laptop out of the closet and imported the files using Sony's content manager software that came with the camera. That spit out a 9.9 Gb monster of an m2ts file, but it contained the whole interview.

I copied that file onto a Western Digital 120 Gb usb drive and moved it over to the Mac, where it converted flawlessly via Clipwrap. And that's it!

I searched through the forums for someone encountering a similar problem but found nothing, so I wanted to share.
Ted Menzies is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders