file browser for mac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

file browser for mac

Who is using what? I have been searching for a solution for my mac work flow. I have the nx5u with no real ability to browse and sort files. This is very inconvenient! VLC works ok, but what a drag, not getting to preview thumbnails, and just sort and transfer.

Is there ay rainbow in the sky solutions that I seem to be missing? Sony Browser for xdcam is kind of clunky but at least got the job done.

Thanks for any help.

Geo
George Sickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Final Cut's or iMovie's capture dialog. If all you need to do is see thumbnails, play clips, and import some of them, either one can do that.

Adobe Bridge might work too (it works for my T2i anyway). And I think Premier has a pretty robust file browser/previewer.
Jackson Hager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jackson.

I am using Adobe CS5. I will check into iMovie is it will browse the AVCHD files. I will check bridge too, thanks for the tips, wondered if there was a program like the browser that was created for Windows for the nx5 that will work on the MAC.
Old February 13th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

What I know that sony don't have any mac version for their CMU.. so I use Log & transfer feature from FCP to preview my AVCHD files. I've tried adobe bridge for preview mpeg files from NX5 but haven't try it yet to preview AVCHD files...

regards,
AN
Ario Narendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

thanks, I guess it is just going to have to use Premiere and import the videos to browse them. the CMU is not mac friendly, I might try fusion and windows xp.

Adobe Bridge does not work to view the AVCHD files. I tried it last night, and it does not work. Bummer!

Thanks for your reply, just curious of workflow solutions.

It would be nice, it seems they could convert the Sony Browser for xdcam pretty easy, or maybe this needs to be written, and sold for a nominal fee. I would pay $49 or so for a fluid solutions. - probably not any more than that thou.

Thanks!

George
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #6
Regular Crew

by the way, if i'm not wrong, there is a feature on adobe premiere which have similar function with sony's CMU..is it media browser? i forgot the exact name. with that feature you can manage your footage..:)
Ario Narendro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders