The new SONY HXR NX70 “Water & Dust proof” - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #91
Inner Circle

Re: The new SONY HXR NX70 “Water & Dust proof”

Look forward to hearing how these new toys are! Unless there are major flaws, might be my next "big" camera... features look good, I like some of the upgrades, liking the idea of 60p as I like the progressive "look", but the consumer (CX560) I looked at was so "toy like" I don't think I could deal with it! That plus some mixed reviews on the CX700 make me think the NX70 is a better bet.
Old June 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #92
Regular Crew

I like this camera from what little is out there in video. I have owned the Sony cx560 and the auto focus was awful and the blues were way to vibrant did not look good, had the Sony nx5u great camera but to big/heavy for hand held everyday use for me. I had the panny 700,750,900 loved there outdoor good light 60p but low light not so good. I had the canon xa10 great camera but not 60p then I got the xf100 but hard for me to dial in the picture quality and had to render every clip before viewing on my external hdd or online, double workflow but great camera. I got back my xa10 and love it but very tempted to get the new Sony for the 60p and macro. Wonder if the new Sony is better than the canons or just has some different options but not worth switching. Hard to choose they all have some great features.
Old June 8th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #93
Inner Circle

I am also interested to see how it is different from the CX700. Of particular interest will be the backfocus performance on zooming. Not good on any of the small Sony's that need to be refocused at each zoom setting.

Ron Evans
Old June 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #94
Trustee

What I've been looking for, but haven't seen yet in these cameras, is a control for manual gain. Everything I've seen so far has auto gain that can't be controlled, resulting in excessive noise. Show me manual gain and I'll be very happy!
Old June 8th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #95
Regular Crew

Canon has manual gain control and the Sony nx70u doesn't? that stinks I thought it had all manual controls either on the camera body or LCD.
Old June 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #96
Inner Circle

The CVP review , referenced earlier in this thread show it to have manual gain control in the menu. As an aside my CX700 or XR500 has less grain in auto than my NX5U.
Ron Evans
Old June 15th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #97
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Beckett View Post
Mister Hurd, sir! We'll soon need a home for these babies on the forum.
Done (finally).

This "pre-release" thread for the NX70 now draws to its natural conclusion.

Please start new NX70 topics or join others that are already in progress. Thanks all,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders