My NX70 just arrived at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old June 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

My NX70 just arrived

My NX70 just arrived, most impressed on the size, build quality etc, balance is perfect with the battery sitting in the centre. Great to have the larger LCD back.

Couple of small points, would have liked a button or ability to assign Steadyshot to 'my buttons' and it's the first pro Sony which i cant have the VF and LCD running at the same time! (unless I'm being stupid) which is a great shame as it would be great to use the VF whilst using the LCD to control the touch buttons
Paul Rickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Major Player

My Sony NX70 just arrived too!

Received my Sony NX70 today (here in the States)! It is exactly what I need (size, feel, run and gun, etc). Too bad I won't be able to use it til this weekend (working on an audio recording project for a client). Looking forward to test footage real soon!
Troy Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:59 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: My NX70 just arrived

Yes, it would be nice to have an OIS toggle button or option for when you have to go from tripod to handheld and back again. Off/standard/active/off... Just takes a bit of discipline I suppose.

I find myself "hunting" bit in the menu for options like this, but I'm sure I will get used to it over time.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Major Player

Re: My NX70 just arrived

Yes, OIS button would be great, we've noticed it too. The camera looks nice, although I would prefer it balanced a little more to the back, and an additional record button on the top handle. Touch screen is also taking time to get used to.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders