New Sony HXR-NX30E Palmcorder with advanced Stabilization at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #1
Major Player

New Sony HXR-NX30E Palmcorder with advanced Stabilization

Sony : Sony?s new palm-sized NXCAM HD camcorder takes image stabilisation to a new level : United Kingdom

balanced Optical Steady Shot
built in projector
1/2.88 inch sensor
96GB internal memory +SD/MS
detachable XLR unit
24Mp stills !

Last edited by Emmanuel Plakiotis; April 2nd, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Emmanuel Plakiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Space Hipster

Re: New Sony HXR-NX30E Palmcorder with advanced Stabilization

Looks like a "pro" version of their consumer HDR-PJ760V cam.
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:03 AM   #3
Space Hipster

Here's a write-up if the camera. I like the XLR module.

Sony HXR-NX30 camcorder: built-in projector, 96GB storage for $2,500 (video) -- Engadget
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Price differential to the HDR-PJ760V for the extra features is more reasonable than the NX70 to the CX700. This would work well with my NX5U I think and a good replacement for my CX700. If I can lock the timecode between my NX5U and this it would be really useful. If they have implemented the manual controls of the NX70 it will be good too.

Ron Evans

edit: Having watched the video again I think it will work locking timecode to the NX5U. With both in free run and using the remote to reset to zero they will be in sync. Very nice as long as it the same remote !!! Now if only Sony would have a firmware upgrade for the NX5U for 60P !!!!
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Major Player

If the HDR-PJ760V doesn't have the balanced OSS, (is not mentioned in the specs) then is a formidable upgrade for the price difference.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Inner Circle

If you mean the Balanced Optical SteadyShot. Yes the HDR-PJ760V does have it. 96GB Full HD Camcorder with Projector | HDR-PJ760V | Sony USA.

Differences are the XLR audio, PCM audio, timecode, and I expect the manual controls that are available in the NX70 though we will have to wait for the full specs. Of course in typical Sony fashion these are likely all there in the consumer models anyway just not enabled.

Ron Evans
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Major Player

It looks like they intend for this to duke it out with the XA10, especially since they're pushing the image stabilization so hard (which is excellent on the XA10).
Michael Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:25 AM   #8
Major Player

And a projector built into the camera. FINALLY!!! All it is missing is a built in mp3 player / iPod dock.

While I can't help myself tease about this, I'm also really wanting to see how well the projector would work. Maybe use a softbox or bounce board as a screen if you don't have a white wall?

Might be very valuable to some people. If it is more than just a novelty & inexpensive to put into a camera, it might be very nice to have standard on more cameras. Or build it into a stand alone device with HDMI or HD-SDI inputs.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Kraus View Post
It looks like they intend for this to duke it out with the XA10, especially since they're pushing the image stabilization so hard (which is excellent on the XA10).
Yes I am sure the XA10 is the target. But I think the present CX700 OSS is very good too and the new one is supposedly 13 times better, the XA10 doesn't have 60P either. So it will have a lot of features not available on the XA10.

Ron Evans
Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Major Player

In the HDR-PJ760V* nomenclature they claim a 24.1Mp still capability in the 16:9 mode, yet they state that the effective sensor resolution is 6145K and the gross pixels are 6650K

96GB Full HD Camcorder with Projector | HDR-PJ760V | Sony USA

Does anyone know they derive a 24.1Mp photo from a 6Mp sensor?

*It applies to the NX30 since they share the same basic hardware.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Inner Circle

interpolation...

Sony does some interesting things in the still camera line with multiple exposures overlaid to improve image quality, and I'd expect some cross polination of the technology. Still, that's a pretty agressive "up-rezz"!

This looks again like a "beefed up" version of this year's consumer cameras, with a few more features, and an XLR/mic added into the mix, plus of course an extra $1k on the price tag, and "pro" level support.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:54 PM   #12
Trustee

With this camera, the PMW-100, FS700 and free S-Log, it seems Canon really ticked off Sony and Sony is going full force against many of Canon's cameras (XA10, XF105, C300 and upcoming 4k camera).
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM   #13
Inner Circle

All they need now is a NX5U replacement to defend against the Panasonic AG AC160 with enough improvements to also go at the XF300 series at the 1/3" group and new 1/2" EX family to create a new space again.

Ron Evans
Old April 3rd, 2012, 06:51 AM   #14
Major Player

I will be getting the Sony HDR-CX760V is the consumer version without the projector. It looks like it might out preform my NX-5. I had to get it because my NX-5 has a lens problem that is intermittent and can't send it in right now because of jobs coming up. It comes in today from BandH. The way the lens wobbles is very interesting, Sony really thought outside the box on this one.

Dan
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:47 PM   #15
Inner Circle

My CX700 certainly gives cleaner image than my NX5U but of course does not have the controls that the NX5 has in particular it does not have gain control, no ND filters so needs an external Variable ND which I got for it. OSS is good on the CX700 so should be exceptional on the 760.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders